Dr. Laura Kate Mackay – 2018 Michelson Prize Winner for Human Immunology and Vaccine Research.
As laboratory head and senior lecturer at The Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity, Dr. Laura Kate Mackay is studying a recently described subset of immune cells called tissue resident memory T cells, which combat various viral infections and cancer.
The research that will be funded by the Prize will examine immune responses by tissue resident memory T cells to harness their protective functions to improve vaccines and immunotherapies.
- [Article] 2018 Michelson Prizes Research Highlights: Illing, Satpathy, Mackay | MMRF
- [Lecture Video] 2018 Vaccine Development Conference Session #14: Targeting Tissue-Resident Immune Cells for Enhanced Immune Protection [2018-06-27. Laura Kate Mackay, Stanley Plotkin. HVP/USC]
- [Tribute Video] Michelson Prize 2018: Laura Mackay [Video] [2018-06-27] | MMRF
- [Photo Gallery] Michelson Prizes 2018 Photos: 1st Annual Conference on the Future of Vaccine Development and Awards Dinner [HVP/MMRF] [2018-06-27] | MMRF
- [Initiative] Michelson Prizes: Human Immunology & Vaccine Research [HVP] | MMRF
- [Initiative] Michelson Vaccine Development Conference [HVP/USC] | MMRF