Team & Associates | Michelson Medical Research Foundation
Team page for the Michelson Medical Research Foundation. For the scientists involved in our initiatives, please refer to the respective initiative team page.
Project Manager (Karlin Asset Management)
Social Media Manager
Nisha Kaul Cooch is Founder and Principal of BioInnovation Consulting LLC, a life sciences communications firm based in Washington DC. While earning her Ph.D. in Neuroscience, she studied the nature of decision making and information processing. The focus of her current work is entrepreneurship in the biotechnology industry.
Wanqiu Hou is the Founder of Scientific HealthSense, a website based application in mining health data for a consumer service. He received his PhD from the Chinese Academy of Sciences. Dr. Hou has more than 10 years of experience in medical research, writing and communications.
Christopher Edward Jones
Christopher Edward Jones is a biochemist and writer currently affiliated with Queen Mary University of London, where he is part of a research group focusing on the restriction factors of HIV. In the past he has worked with multiple biomedical research groups in both industry and academia. He has a research interest in the biochemical mechanisms of virus restriction and a general interest in all areas of science.
- Prolonged Fasting and Health: Discussion with Valter Longo [Video]
- Protein Design Institute: Rosetta & Collaborative Research
- IGF-1 link: Fasting, Laron Syndrome vs. Aging & Diseases
- Hair Loss Breakthrough: Grow Hair via Plucking
- Gary K. Michelson: 2015 SABIN Humanitarian Award [Video]
- Fasting Mimicking Diet: Calorie Restriction increases Healthspan
- USC Michelson + Brain Initiative: Convergence Ideal
- SABIN Humanitarian Award 2015: Gary K. Michelson
- Neglected Diseases: Why I Care, Why You Should.
- USC Michelson Center: 5 Goals
- IGF-1 & Intermittent Fasting: Discussion with Valter Longo
- Valter Longo: Understanding the Biology of Aging
- Unique Antibiotic Mechanism Developed
- USC Michelson Center: Research for Humanity’s Sake
- Fasting Against Cancer: Valter Longo’s Breakthrough Research
Formerly a Senior Associate Project Manager at AMGEN, Lisa Luther has 9 years of experience working in biotech on strategic businesses initiatives and in the Program Management Office, where she facilitated the development of innovative combination biologic drug/electromechanical medical device products. Lisa holds a MBA degree from California Lutheran University.
- Gary Michelson, Peter Hotez: Neglected Tropical Diseases Discussion [Video]
- USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology: Mei-Lee Ney’s $20M Donation creates the Ney Center for Healthspan Science [Video]
- Music Apprenticeship Impacts Brain & Auditory Pathway Development
- Human Vaccines Project: Discussion with Wayne C. Koff
Francis Malarkey is a graduate of Emmanuel College in Boston, MA. He has worked in research for more than 2 years, and has presented his work at the annual gathering of the Society for Neuroscience.
Juliesta Sylvester, Ph.D. is a biochemist who promotes innovation and technology transfer at the interface of academia and industry. Her research has spanned pharmaceutical discovery, molecular diagnostics, bioinformatics, and quantitative systems analysis. She is an avid world traveler, invited speaker at national and international meetings, and enthusiastic consultant for startups.
- Biotech L.A. #3: Cultivating Biotech in Los Angeles
- Biotech L.A. #2: Convergent Research Ecosystem
- Biotech L.A. #1: Biotechnology Research Hub
- Spinal Cord Injury; Critical Research from PVA
- Breast Milk contains Beneficial Bacteria
- Hepatitis C: Throwing Light on the Shadow Epidemic
- A Faster and Cheaper Strategy for Drug Discovery
Articles written by internal MMRF staffers and external collaborators.
- Animal Laboratories banned from Medical Student Education
- CRISPR Cas9: The Art of Genome Editing
- Auditory Brainstem Implant NIH Clinical Trial @ USC-CHLA
- David Mooney awarded Michelson Research Grant
- USC Michelson Center Groundbreaking Keynote Video
- USC Michelson Center welcomes Scripps Scientists Raymond C. Stevens, Peter Kuhn.
- NTDs & Ebola: New Vaccines under Clinical Trials
- USC Michelson Center Groundbreaking Ceremony
- Ebola Doesn’t Threaten America – Other Tropical Diseases Do
- In memoriam: Richard F. Thompson, 84
- Brain Mapping, A New Vocabulary
- HIV in Africa: Schistosomiasis Proposal
- Breast Cancer Linked to Eating Red Meat
- Antidepressant May Also Fight Prostate Cancer
- Fasting Triggers Immune System’s Self-Regeneration
- Human Cell Culture Can Predict Potential Toxicity of Drugs and Other Chemicals
- Improving Chemical Safety without Animals
- #TechLA 4 Keys to Bioscience Success in Los Angeles
- Ellen DeGeneres Speaks Out Against Taiwanese Rabies Testing
- Space-Grown Crystals May Shed Light On Huntington’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s blood test shows early detection potential
- New Vaccine Discovery Initiative
- Beagle Puppies about to be exposed to Rabies Virus
- International Conference on Diabetes
- Yale Center for Neuroscience and Regeneration Research at 22
- Immune children raise hopes of malaria vaccine breakthrough
- Activists to speak at Wayne State meeting to condemn research using dogs
- RNA interference: the next genetics revolution?
- USC Michelson Center: Inventor donates $50 million
- Helminth Vaccine Discovery Program funded by Dr. Gary K. Michelson